UK Producing Assets
Support offshore operations by ensuring that onshore resources identify correct priorities and are closely and clearly aligned with area business plans/operational requirements. This role will be part of the UK Operations team may be moved between assets in the future, if required.
Role and responsibilities
- Strive to create a safe workplace and to protect the environment in compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations
- Responsible for effective and successful management of the 90 day and 28 day Asset plans.
- Represents and, when appropriate, stands in for the Operations Manager
- Responsible for planning activities with key internal and external interfaces.
- Contribute to the development of the field optimization strategy and the business planning process.
- Creates the first draft Operations and Maintenance budget.
- Make regular trips offshore to enhance communication and promote understanding of the field plan/annual goals.
- Maintains close liaison with Commercial Department to ensure compliance with all commercial agreements/JOA.
- Responsible for understanding where production loss occurs and ensuring that recover/improvement plans are put in place. Recommend and, where authorised, carry out improvement initiatives.
- Continually review, suggest and implement improvements in efficiency of production operations (including maintenance), through effective communication with other Dana assets. Share and adopt best practices across the company and support and identify opportunities to enhance consistency and alignment between assets, where practicable.
- Monitor the performance of relevant key contractors, and in-house support functions, developing highly positive and constructive relationships with key contacts.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to onshore personnel to enhance levels of performance and competency.
- Support recruitment, selection, training and competency programmes for onshore teams, to ensure the effective resourcing of field operations.
- Take ownership for the continuous development of personal and technical expertise and knowledge.
- Work on a peer to peer relationship with OIM’s ensuring daily communication and mutual understanding of issues, mitigations and opportunities.
Competence requirements and skills
- Considerable experience of the oil and gas industry, predominantly gained in a production operations environment
- Must have experience with major start up/development project
- Ability to understand business plans and to relate them into day to day operations
- Good understanding and awareness of commercial agreements and industry compliance requirements
- Understanding and awareness of local area operating agreements
- Good working knowledge and application of relevant UK industry regulations relating to the oil and gas industry
- Sound working knowledge and demonstration of safe working practices
- Familiar with quality processes and the application of continuous improvement tools desirable
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and encourage a team ethos across core crew and subcontractors
- Highly effective relationship-builder internally and externally • Ability to work in a fast moving, customer focused environment whilst maintaining the highest ethical integrity.
- Ability to understand and react with diverse groups and operations
- Computer literacy required on Windows based applications
- Ability to seek solutions outside the norm and through other industries and initiatives.
- Must be a strong team member whilst also having the ability to work independently.
7th August 2016