Joint Venture Management – Reports to Finance
Business Finance Manager
To coordinate and manage all joint venture (JV) aspects of the company's operated and/or non-operated UKCS business involving Exploration, Development, Production and Decommissioning activities. The JV Manager will co-ordinate with the relevant functions including Subsurface, Operations, Engineering and Maintenance, Legal and Finance resources required to support management of the portfolio.
The JV Manager is also responsible for ensuring delivery of Dana’s JV obligations including compliance with all JV agreements and development of Asset strategies through co-ordination of asset and functional requirements. Joint Venture and Business/ Commercial experience are preferred competencies in this position.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Represent (or co-ordinate and chair if an operated asset) Dana at partnership meetings including operating, technical and management committee meetings, as appropriate and manage partner relations;
- Manage and co-ordinate UK JV activities including multi-functional support of JV Business Processes (e.g. JV approvals – Budgets, AFE’s, FM’s, Contracts);
- Develop asset strategies through integration of Dana functional requirements (Subsurface, Ops, etc);
- Co-ordinate the review and evaluation of technical proposals submitted by Operators;
- Monitor and report on day to day operations where necessary;
- Manage and influence relationships with area facility owners and users;
- Ensure agreements are compliant and current and ensure compliance with internal and external financial policy and standards
- Provide interpretations on joint venture agreements for accounting, engineering, production, operations and business development;
- For non-operated assets, prepare annual Non-Operated JV plans and forecasts;
- Lead and/or participate in negotiations on JV matters and provide guidance and support to other functions/ team members;
- Stewardship of Dana’s equity in all assets including identifying opportunities to increase value;
- Continually prioritize across assets to identify and focus on the key value drivers;
- Provide business insights to Dana’s operated and non-operated activities to ensure awareness and focus towards Dana business delivery;
- Assist in asset acquisition and divestment activities as appropriate;
Competence requirements and skills :
- Proven 5-10 year of experience, working in the oil and gas industry across a range of functions including operations, commercial, business and project management is preferred.
- Educated to degree level or have the proven relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Commercial, Geology, Engineering, Economics, Finance etc.)
- A thorough knowledge of Joint Venture Agreements (eg. JOAs), and core knowledge of asset management principles (eg. Operations, Finance, Projects, Drilling) is essential;
- Able to gain the confidence of partners and senior management team with excellent relationship building and management skills;
- A sound knowledge of the importance and significance of Business Planning, Risk and Performance Management;
- Ability to determine the bigger picture amongst conflicting priorities and issues, set priorities, and recommend decisions/solutions;
- Results and solutions oriented, articulate, persuasive;
- Demonstrates strong team-building skills;
- Displays business acumen and judgment, as well as emotional and professional maturity;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills;
- Displays high standards of ethical and professional behavior, consistent with the company’s values and business conduct policies;
- Negotiation and influencing skills and capabilities are essential.
- Team player able to build and maintain strong intern and external relationships.
12th May 2017