Onshore / Offshore
Provision of Joint Venture Accounting support to the UK business that complies with the appropriate Joint Operating Agreements and associated Accounting Procedures and within Dana Petroleum Internal Process and Controls.
Roles and responsibilities
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs
- Responsible for JV Accounting for Dana Assets ensuring compliance with Joint Operating Agreements and Accounting Procedure.
- Preparation of UK annual budget & 5 year business plan.
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
- Finance representative for Partner Committee Meetings (FinComs / OpComs)
- Preparation of the JV Budget and forecast process in support of JV Manager
- Preparation of monthly re-forecasts including the associated variance analysis commentary
- Review and process all relevant billings including liaising with internal and external stakeholders and provide analysis of expenditure against budget / AFE
- Preparation of month end VOWD / Accruals
- Checking and coding of supplier invoices ensuring costs are allocated to the correct ventures
- Internal AFE and FM administration
- Support the successful delivery of JV audit
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide mentorship to the Finance Assistant in order to develop their knowledge of JV Accounting
Everyone working for or on behalf of Dana Petroleum has the following responsibilities with regard to his or her work to:
- Familiarise with the Dana Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the One Dana Management System and its meaning for day-to-day work;
- Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR);
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of Dana Petroleum;
- Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Job specific skills and knowledge
- Degree qualified, ideally qualified with a professional accountancy qualification such as, CIMA, CA or ACCA or working towards it
- Demonstrable finance experience in the upstream oil and gas industry
- Understanding of Joint Operating Agreements and vendor contracts.
- Experience of SUN accounting systems & Maximo preferred
- Experience of Microsoft Excel essential
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a pro-active manner is a primary requirement of the position.
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to assume responsibility for implementation and continuous promotion of the finance function.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of importance of being a Team Player.
- Demonstrable analytical skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and might tight deadlines.
- The position requires a desire to develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture, which is free to challenge conventional thinking and barriers.
- Demonstration of innovative and creative behaviours and the ability to encourage others in promotion of the desired results.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org