Business Support Analyst
Staff / Contractor
Onshore / Offshore
Reports functionally to
UK Finance Manager
Reports operationally to
UK Finance Manager
Roles that report to this position
See CFO org chart for details of the finance organisation
Focus on business improvements, business planning and process and procedures within the UK team that enhance the capability of the UK Finance team and continue to improve the service provided by UK Finance to the wider Dana UK organisation.
Roles and responsibilities
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs
- Business Planning
- Working with key stakeholders, support the UK Finance Manager in efforts to establish the “business rhythm” around Planning for the UK business, ensuring consistency of, and documenting the key processes. This will involve the preparation and roll-out a suite of standard templates to collect and report on Plan data.
- Co-ordination and collation of UK Operated and Non-Operated Annual Operating Plans and 5 Year Plans
- Provide link between UK Operations, UK Reservoir Management, Commercial (JVM’s) and UK Finance on all aspects of UK Plan process
- Co-ordinate Asset and Business Unit review sessions, including preparation of review materials for presentation of UK Plan.
- Audit & Assurance
- Manage programme of JV audits on operated & non-operated assets
- Ensure continued progress in the close out of audit findings and implementing recommendations, where appropriate
- Work with Corporate Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager to ensure Dana Audit Committee is briefed appropriately
- Manage and conduct programme of contract compliance audits
- Support the G&A assurance process and the timely delivery or reports
- Finance focal point for business improvement projects as required
- Finance representative on Maximo Inventory project ensuring all finance aspects of project rollout are captured
- Processes and Procedures
- Support the development of the UK finance aspects of the One Dana Management System (ODMS)
- Ensure regular reviews are carried out across Finance and process improvements documented and updated within ODMS
- Finance focal point for updates to the Dana Intranet
- Test existing financial controls and review with process owners
- Support the review of finance processes and update of procedures as appropriate.
- First approver of UK payment runs
- UK Finance Manager Stand-in as require
Everyone working for or on behalf of Dana Petroleum has the following responsibilities with regard to his or her work to:
- Familiarise with the Dana Policies, including the policies on HSE, Risk Management and Major Hazards;
- Familiarise with the One Dana Management System and its meaning for dayto-day work;
- Familiarise with the work and be aware of all associated risks for People, the Environment, Assets and Reputation (PEAR);
- Report any incident, near miss, hazards (unsafe acts/situations) and improvement suggestions;
- Know their roles and responsibilities;
- Actively participate in any job or HSEQ training or instruction by or on behalf of Dana Petroleum;
- Use all provided means as intended and according to their purpose.
Job specific skills and knowledge
Demonstrable experience in a network engineering role HND/Degree qualifications are favourable, professional technical accreditations from industry bodies are preferred.
- Qualified Chartered/ Management Accountant (or demonstrable experience working towards an accountancy qualification).
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Experience in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Competent in accounting software packages and strong skills in Microsoft products, especially excel.
- Excellent communication, team building and influencing skills
- Ability to interact with senior members of management team
- Ability to plan, prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Display high standards of ethical and professional behaviour, consistent with the company’s values and business conduct policies.
End date: 21st February 2020
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com