Staff / Contractor
Reports funtionally to
Reports operationally to
Emergency Response Team Role
Oil Spill Response Support
Act as Environmental focal point for UK Operations with responsibility for identification and management of environmental risks and compliance, and continuous improvement. Being an active member of the HSSE team to deliver Dana Petroleum’s overall Environmental strategy and business objectives. Providing UK management and staff with support, expertise, direction and guidance regarding environmental compliance and ensuring the highest standards and environmental performance are adhered too. Working alongside the UK business teams, responsible for the ongoing development of a positive culture to effectively deliver excellence in HSSE.
Roles and responsibilities
This role has the following responsibilities and outputs:
- Provide day to day Environmental support and advice to all aspects of the UK Business
- Manage and maintain environmental regulatory compliance processes and permitting including environmental risk and compliance registers required for the UK business across Operations/Well Engineering/Exploration and Major Projects business functions
- Maintain awareness of existing and developing environmental legislation and company Standards
- Support environmental regulatory/industry/agency bodies and stakeholders to ensure legislative and industry compliance.
- Represent the Company at industry and corporate environmental forums.
- Support pre-qualification and tender evaluation review processes of prospective suppliers from an environmental perspective
- Maintain environmental performance monitoring/reporting and associated tools
- Assist in incident investigation as appropriate including the review of Incident Reports
- Ensure lessons learned are disseminated throughout Company using Dana and industry lessons learned or safety alerts
- Participate in operational risk assessments and / or HAZOPs, HAZIDs, ENVID’s
- Ensure the management of the Environmental elements of the audit schedule are in line with the agreed audit assurance plan.
- Contribute to in-house environmental training, development and competency assessment of UK personnel ensuring that the appropriate level of environmental awareness is delivered
Job specific skills and knowledge
- Hold a science degree or suitable equivalent and relevant industry environmental management qualifications/certificates
- Have a good working knowledge and experience in environmental related UK legislation (on and offshore) and industry best practices.
- Previous experience as an Environmental Advisor for an offshore operator
- Environmental management systems, in particular ISO 14001
- Auditing experience and incident investigation skills
- Delivery focused with a practical and enthusiastic approach
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team player with a high degree of self-motivation, problem solving and is goal orientated
- Proactive and pragmatic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to be organised, plan and demonstrate prioritisation
Deadline: 30th April 2021, COB
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com