Exploration Manager, Egypt (expat position)
Dana Country Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing on behalf of Dana Petroleum Egypt all G&G exploration work in the development acreage operated by the Joint Venture.
The position manages different geological aspects related to exploration and development and works closely with the exploration staff in Dana Petroleum Egypt and Dana Petroleum’s corporate G&G functions. The incumbent must ensure that all exploration plans and work activities are carried out in a safe, efficient, cost effective and environmentally friendly manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all technical aspects of planned exploration activities are authorised by Dana Petroleum’s corporate G&G functions, with all required documentation being prepared as per Company procedures
- Ensure that authorised exploration activities are executed as per Dana Petroleum’s Annual Operating Plan using appropriate technologies, tools, and processes
- Manage an exploration & interpretation effort for the Dana acreage based upon sound technical & commercial decisions
- Manage a team of geologists and support staff in the delivery of Exploration objectives
- Evaluate, identify, and assess leads and prospects using all available G & G data
- Assimilate all available geological data into workable geological subsurface models and share the latter with Reservoir Engineering
- Manage and mentor Dana’s Egypt Exploration Department as well as working closely with Corporate G&G Team as appropriate.
- Formulate and present recommendations utilizing effective written and oral presentations to influence direct reports, peers and senior management
- Create, seek approval for and manage budgets for all exploration activities, including AFE justifications and other financial projections
- Ensure that capital and operating expenditures are adequately approved for cost recovery by EGPC / GANOPE
- Manage all well planning and follow up of geological operations including pre-and post-well reporting
- Develop and manage highly effective relationships with governmental authorities and joint venture partners whilst ensuring that the commercial position of Dana is not compromised
- Maintain an up-to-date view on technology and technological progress, environmental and regulatory/statutory requirements and adapt to these conditions in exploration planning and operations
Job Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Broad experience of Exploration, Appraisal, Development & Production value chain, with a significant part spent in leadership roles.
- Extensive experience of management of multi-disciplinary team, with particular emphasis on Subsurface Management.
- Knowledge of reserves and production forecasting processes.
- Experience dealing with JV Partners and Government regulatory bodies.
- Experience of complex commercial issues.
- Experience of working in Egypt.
Candidates should send their CV to Chris Black of Ramsay Black on email@example.com
Applications close on the 17th December 2021.