Health and Safety Advisor
Staff / Contractor
Reports funtionally to
Reports operationally to
Roles that report to this position
Functional reporting line from Offshore Safety Advisors
Emergency Response Team Role
To provide day to day onshore health and safety support to the Offshore Safety Advisor and Operations Team. Responsible for identifying and implementing processes and procedures that deliver Dana Petroleum’s overall HSE strategy and business objectives. Providing UK management and staff with support, expertise, direction and guidance to permit the delivery of health and safety strategy and business objectives. Working alongside the UK business teams, responsible for the ongoing development of a positive culture to effectively deliver excellence in HSE.
Working as part of a multi-disciplined team, with responsibility for providing, health and safety support to the offshore workforce and management team onboard the Dana Petroleum Operated Assets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- HSE support and advice to the onshore management team.
- Provide liaison and support to the offshore organisation.
- Support Health & Safety Executive inspections, both on and offshore.
- Act as the custodian of the assets Safety Cases.
- Conduct, participate and review asset and contractor incident investigation reports, ensuring ‘root causes’ are identified and linked to measures preventing a reoccurrence.
- Ensure all incidents & audits are recorded and managed to completion in Synergi.
- Provision of monthly statistical / KPI reporting.
- Develop and maintain progress of asset HSE Improvement plans.
- Assist, participate in and conduct health and safety audits according to the audit plan both onshore and offshore.
- Provide input to Risk Assessments, HAZIDS, HAZOPS and combined operations notifications.
- Review contractor HSE Plans, Interface Documents, Operations Plans etc.
- Prioritise and coordinate HSE support activities.
- Maintain the HSE Management System by updating documentation to reflect changing circumstances, legislation and industry best practice.
- Occasional offshore travel is expected as part of this role
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following competencies and experiences:
Job Specific Skills and Knowledge
- NEBOSH General Certificate and / or NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety. Preferred NEBOSH Diploma and / or NVQ level 5 in Occupational Health & Safety
- Membership of, or working towards membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health.
- Proven oil and gas experience in an HSE professional capacity, ideally gained in an upstream operating environment with offshore experience. Preferred previous knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including production operations.
- Accident / Incident Investigation
- CoSHH Assessor
- Manual Handling Assessor
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- Good communicator at all organisational levels; written, spoken & presentation skills
- Team player with a high degree of self-motivation
Candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state Health and Safety Advisor in the subject line.
Applications close on the 5th of November 2021.