Technical Assistant – New Ventures and Exploration
Exploration Team Lead
The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing technical support for subsurface professionals in both New Ventures & Exploration and UK Resource Development departments. Effective team working and an ability to identify areas where the support role can make a positive difference to everyday subsurface work (including managing prioritisation and conflicting requests) is an important component of this position.
The successful candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Interrogate / QC / Load data in preparation for interpretation.
- Support licence round evaluations and licencing application process while maintaining the Licence Database and maps.
- Identify & source data not captured in corporate databases.
- Interrogate/Spatially Analyse data & generate maps using ArcGIS.
- Maintain ArcGIS spatial database and ensure all culture data is up to date.
- Draft geotechnical diagrams eg. geoseismic cross-sections, 3D models for presentations using Adobe Illustrator.
- Support subsurface professionals (including Petrophysicist) - create new databases, source and prepare data for upload and manipulation. Load data to Petrel and Petrosys, manage data between projects.
- Assist geoscientists in subsurface map making.
- Production/Business Planning – assist upload of data including Production Forecasts and Well Allocation data.
- Support Data Management as needed.
- Maintain Exploration & New Venture and Resource Development internal web pages.
- Manage and collate Scout Group materials & upload. Represent Dana at external meetings when necessary.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have the following competencies and experiences:
Job Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Preferably educated to degree level in geoscience/geographic information systems or similar discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar role ideally gained in an operating environment
- Understanding of data types and basic petroleum geological concepts used by New Ventures & Exploration and Resource Development teams
- Knowledge of and user of industry databases and geographic information systems.
- Competent with co-ordinate systems and basic map generation (subsurface and culture)
- Dana’s preferred subsurface toolkit is; ArcGIS, Petrosys, IP, Petrel, Eclipse, Adobe Illustrator, Petroview, National Data Repository (NDR), Westwood Atlas. A working knowledge of a core number of these is preferred especially Petrel and ArcGIS.
- Pro-active individual capable of working independently with a willingness to learn and enjoys working with data and solving problems.
- Organisational and facilitating skills
- Experienced with dealing with a range of stakeholders
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to engage and motivate others.
- Have a “can do” attitude.
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision
Candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state Technical Assistant – New Ventures and Exploration in the subject line. Applications close on the 30th June 2021