High safety performance is expected in everything we do. It protects our people, our assets and the environment.
The safety of our people and assets, and respect for the environment are part of our core values and are an integral part of how we do business. We believe strong Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) performance creates strong commercial performance.
Policy in practice
Dana strives to continually improve its HSSE performance by setting and monitoring clear objectives, supported by its HSSE Standards. This requires the commitment of everyone at Dana and a culture where people are encouraged and feel able to intervene and report on HSSE issues of concern. It is expected that each individual will recognise their responsibility to put our policy into practice.
- Provide a safe working environment that protects against injury and minimises work-related ill health
- Provide appropriate security protection for employees and assets
- Commit to protect the environment, and so minimise the impact of Dana’s operations
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and apply Dana’s standards and oil industry best practice in locations where local laws do not exist
- Identify and manage HSSE risks in a systematic way as part of Dana’s risk management framework
- Create clear accountabilities and expectations for HSSE at every level of the organisation
- Provide resources to successfully manage HSSE risk
- Identify and manage any form of change in our organisation
- Ensure that our employees and contractors are competent and able to perform the work we are asking them to undertake
- Ensure that our employees and contractors understand their HSSE accountabilities and are aware of the behaviours expected by Dana
- Identify and manage operational interfaces internally and with third parties
- Communicate standards based on oil industry best practice which are consistent with legal and regulatory requirements in all operating areas
- Communicate and report openly on HSSE objectives and performance
- Actively engage with relevant stakeholders to understand and take account of their concerns
- ·Make sure that appropriate emergency response, crisis management and business continuity plans are in place and are regularly tested
- Investigate HSSE incidents, identify root causes, take effective action to prevent recurrence and identify opportunities for organisational learning
- Strive for continuous improvement of Dana’s HSSE performance.